Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hello World My Name is

Chapter 3 of "LEGO Mindstorms NXT-G Programming Guide" book is basically about using the display block in the programing software. Using the display block you will see many configuration panel for different function purposes for example what you want to appear on the LCD and for how much time you want it there. There is also drawing tool that I can make pictures out of. And also allows me to add text. In order to make my life easier I can use data hub. Create a program that pops up in the screen that says "hello my name is"by using display blocks on the NXT. We also programmed the robot to make a sound after 2 rotation then making another sound when reversing 2 rotation. End, of lab I created a program after a clap it showed a angry face and said game over. I also tested it out on three people and saw whether they could guess what is the mood of the robot and all three got it all right. Using the display block you can program faces, words or pictures this can help in the outside world by showing emotion and communication. In the future I would add sound to my robot to see which program is running and use display block to attract viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment